Historically, the property has been run as a traditional girls’ sleep away/summer camp (“CAMP SUNNINGDALE”). It was a staple on the Sebago Lake summer camp scene for 35 years (1935 – 1970). After Camp Sunningdale closed it’s doors in 1970, it was purchased and used as a family compound until the current owners purchased the property in 2005. At that time it underwent a full renovation (completed in 2014) during which it was converted into an upscale, traditional Maine event destination.